Our Mission & Vision
Inspiring people to lead healthy lives.
The Public Health professionals and programs of Albemarle Regional Health Services are dedicated to disease prevention and the promotion of a healthy environment to reduce morbidity, mortality, and disability through quality service, education, and advocacy.
Our Values and Guiding Principles
Based on the 10 Essential Public Health Services
We VALUE the assessment of our community’s health & will:
- Monitor health status to identify community problems.
- Investigate and work to minimize health problems and health hazards in our community.
We VALUE policy development that will enhance community well-being & will:
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans to support individual and community health efforts.
We VALUE the assurance of superior and accessible health services & will:
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.
We VALUE service & will:
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.