The Harvest of the Month Featured Produce is Pumpkins!
In season late September to October
- Great source of Vitamin C
- Excellent source of Vitamin A
- Fat, cholesterol, & sodium free
- Pumpkins are indigenous to North America.
- Halloween pumpkins are edible and the source of canned pumpkin.
- A cultivar of the squash plant and is available in many different varieties.
- Select pumpkins that are firm and heavy for their size.
- Store pumpkins in a cool dark place for up to 2 months.
Source: Fruit and Veggies Matter Morehttps://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematters.org/pumpkin