Recipe of the Month
- 1 pumpkin, about 3 pounds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 pound stale bread, thinly sliced and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4 pound cheese, such as Gruyere or Cheddar cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2-4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp, drained, and chopped
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives or sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut a cap out of the top of the pumpkin and clear out seeds and strings.
- Season the inside with salt and pepper.
- Fill inside of pumpkin with remaining ingredients (mix them together first).
- Put cap back on pumpkin and bake for 2 hours.